Collection of Buddha Quotes On Death. Siddhartha Gautama, more generally known as Buddha was one of the most prominent figures in Buddhism. He is the Founder of Buddhism. Buddhists around the world consider him a divine or civilized teacher who had attained complete Buddhism.
He believes that Buddhist life and its communications, as well as Sannyasi principles, were compiled and memorized by his followers after his death. The various collections of teachings that apply to Buddhism were adopted verbally and later preserved in a written form almost 400 years later. sayings buddha on death listed below.
Buddhist Sayings About Death. Buddha says that death is justified. He believes that death is a part of life, which occurs from time to time in the pattern of death and rebirth, as long as one does not affect Nirvana. belief in death as something that will happen to all living things. When you accept this truth, you will live a more sophisticated life.
Buddhist quotes on death and dying. The purpose of death is encouraged as one prepares for one’s final stage and reaches Nirvana with a peaceful and peaceful mind. Read below the collection of buddha death quotes.
Buddha Quotes On Death
Explore the list of Buddhist quotes dying below. Read and share these buddha quotes about death on sad occasions.
1. Life is uncertain; death is certain.” This short quote sums up the idea death is inevitable and cannot ever be avoided r controlled. Gautama Buddha
2. Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give the whole heart and soul to it. Gautama Buddha
3. “Buddhists recognize there are many ways to die. ‘Good health is simply the slowest way a human being can die,’ according to A Buddhist Guide to Death, Dying and Suffering” Gautama Buddha
4. In the Dhammapada, it is told Buddha said, “You too shall pass away. Knowing this, how can you quarrel?” The basic sentiment here is every person’s body will die so there is little point in fighting death. Gautama Buddha
5. Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship. Gautama Buddha
6. Let us rise up and be thankful. For if we didn’t learn a lot at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful. Gautama Buddha
7. Those who attempt to conquer hatred by hatred are like warriors who take weapons to overcome others who bear arms. This does not end hatred but gives it room to grow. But, ancient wisdom has advocated a different timeless strategy to overcome hatred. Gautama Buddha
8. This eternal wisdom is to meet hatred with non-hatred. The method of trying to conquer hatred through hatred never succeeds in overcoming hatred. But, the method of overcoming hatred through non-hatred is eternally effective. So the reason is that method is described as eternal wisdom. Gautama Buddha
9. “To be angry is to let others’ mistakes punish yourself.” Gautama Buddha
10. “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” Gautama Buddha
11. Those who consider the unessential to be essential, and see the essential as unessential, don’t reach the essential, living in the field of the wrong intention. Gautama Buddha
12. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. Gautama Buddha
13. The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly. Gautama Buddha
14. To keep the body in good health is a duty; otherwise, we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. Gautama Buddha
15. The world is afflicted by death and decay. But the wise do not grieve, having realized the nature of the world. Gautama Buddha
16. “All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If the mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?” Gautama Buddha
Buddhist Quotes About Death
Below are some more Buddhist quotes about death. you can share or use as a status any buddha quote about death.
17. Purity or impurity depends on oneself, No one can purify another. Gautama Buddha
18. No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. Gautama Buddha
19. Death carries off a man busy picking flowers with a besotted mind like a great flood does a sleeping village. Gautama Buddha
20. Here will I live in the rainy season, here in the autumn and in the summer: thus muses the fool. He realizes not the danger (of death). Gautama Buddha
21. We must be diligent today. To wait until tomorrow is too late. Death comes unexpectedly. How can we bargain with it? Gautama Buddha
22. Of all footprints, that of the elephant is supreme. Similarly, of all mindfulness meditations, that on death is supreme. Gautama Buddha
23. To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.Gautama Buddha
24. “Life is uncertain; death is certain.” Gautama Buddha
Share your perceptions you get from these Buddha quotes on death. Buddha’s sayings give us inspiration in our daily life.
Browse our other quotes categories also after reading buddha on death sayings.